Sunday, April 3, 2016

Dubai Butterfly Garden Review

This weekend I wanted to do something easy with less drive and hastle, so we decided to visit Dubai butterfly Garden. We have been to Miracle garden and Houston Cockrell Butterfly center before, so I assumed it to be mix of both. I was also hoping to see some amazing indoor landscaping and very colorful butterflies to do some macro photography there.
 


Facility:
The whole facility is much smaller to what I expected. It consists of a museum( I will not call it a museum though more like artistic display) in the entrance where there multiple species of butterflies are framed beautifully.


From the entrance museum one get to one of the three domes which house the butterflies. I liked the flow of facility. Also I really liked the idea of small domes or gazebo inside the bigger domes to get even closer to the butterflies.
Temperature inside was not managed well as I was sweating heavily. Indoor landscaping was also Okish, I was expecting a lot more flowers and greenery.
 
 
It took us approx 2 hours to go through the area. I think the whole area is good enough for 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes. It took me 2 hours as I was trying to do macro photography.
 
 
Butterfly Species:
Butterflies were in abundance and literally every where but I was sort of disappointed to see very few species of butterflies, The whole facility was full of mainly 3 to 4 species which were every where. Out of 10 butterflies , 8 were from 1 moth like Butterfly kind which was rather scary.


I still enjoyed the over all experience with whatever species were there as no matter what, butterflies are still pretty and fun to photograph.
 
Entry Ticket:
Entry ticket is priced at 50 dirhams per person.
 
Conclusion:
I enjoyed the overall experiemce, good fun for family specially with
kids. But with the entry price of 50 dirhams I will not recomend. With entry ticket between 20 to 30 this place would be ideal hangout for family fun but if entry ticket is not an issue for you then do visit and let me know if you agree to my review or not.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment